[Scummvm-devel] Fwd: Empty engine

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sun Feb 3 23:56:36 CET 2008

Am 03.02.2008 um 22:50 schrieb Henry Bush:

> Hey guys,
>
> It may or may not have come to your attention that the "Example empty
> engine" on the wiki:
>
> http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/HOWTO-Engines
>
> Is rather out of date.

Yes, it was, so I updated it to latest specs some days ago. And will
shortly update it to the MetaEngine changes.

> Since starting to play around with engines, I've been keeping an
> up-to-date (i.e. compilable with svn) version of the quux empty
> engine.

Nice, though if you had just reminded me about it, I would have
gladly updated it in the Wiki myself ;-).

> Would this be a useful thing to have in a more accessible
> place, e.g. in /docs? If people think it is, and/or have a better
> suggestion of where it should live, I'm happy to submit a patch to the
> tracker.

No, not in docs, that's not really much more convenient than keeping
it in the Wiki. *If* we keep it in SVN, then inside the regular
source tree, making it super easy to enable it. Either by also
including a .patch to enable it (with all the mods to configure,
engines.mk, etc.), or even as a full engine which is disabled by
default. That way, it would be easy to test it regularly.