[Scummvm-devel] PS2 ScummVM 0.11.x updates!

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Sun Feb 17 22:36:00 CET 2008

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 21:09:50 +0100
"sunmax at libero.it" <sunmax at libero.it> wrote:

> Thanks Eugene & Max (sounds like Sam & Man, no? ;-) for your
> explanation!
Sev & Max, eh? :)

> Will do. One point: I assume we are not supposed to build the entire
> ps2dev there (which is ps2sdk + quite a few libs), but only the
> libraries not available in that one of that we modified, right?
No, only changed/fixed libraries. All external sources should be
described somewhere. Usually it is port-specific README and/or HOWTO
Compile on our Wiki.

> Why the size of the DXA archive is so much bigger that the old one?
Old one is MPEG2 and it is really has compression artifacts, especially
BS2 pack. DXA matches original in quality, being smaller than original
SMK files.

> which of the games supported by ScummVM use MIDI to offer a better
> quality soundtrack or as an exclusive music system?
DOTT, MI2, Sam&Max. They use iMUSE which blends several MIDI tracks
together. A clever thing.

> > Go to http://www.wyrmkeep.com/ite/, downloads section and get
> > Inherit the Earth demo. Try to run it in your port. Without proper
> > exists() implementation games just do not start.
>
> Mmm, like : "Error loading game resources."?
Yep.

> With some demos (e.g bs2) the installer requests me to choose
> between the "Demo" or the "Full" version, as if it was not
> able to figure it out... I guess that's an evidence that there
> are still some glitches to smooth in the ScummVM PS2 backend ;-(
That's for sure glitch in exists() method.

> I will try to make a list per game (at least the ones I have,
> few Amiga ones, some VGA/CD) + the demos I can download from our
> site. It will be organized in HD, USB, CD with an evaluation of
> how the engine/game is performing (or not) on PS2 backend.
Request a Wiki account and keep that list there? Prepare some beta and
ask users to test? We have one week left before tagging 0.11.1.

Eugene