[Scummvm-devel] PlaysStation2 : duplicated files detection & checking

sunmax at libero.it sunmax at libero.it
Thu Jul 10 07:45:01 CEST 2008

Eh eh, when I start with mails, you cannot switch me off ;-)

still in theme of files, I was debugging ps2_fopen to allow all games
to be started from USB devices, so I could see which files and in which
order are opened (or tried to open) on game start. Couple of things
don't make full sense to me so I am going to ask to senior members:

   [on bootstrap]

1) why after 'modern.zip' has been found ("mass:/scummvm/modern.zip")
   ScummVM is still looking for all the GUI media parts (dialog_*) ?

   [on install]

2) once it found the game data "identifiers" (COMI.LA0, LANGUAGE.TAB),
   it keeps looking for other ones (intro.stk, gob.lic, ...). Why?

   [on run]

3) scummvm found "OPENING.SAN", but it's still looking for
   "Opening.trs" (plus all .mp3 and .ogg variations). Why?

Expecially on embedded systems and console would be wise to "break"
after the useful data have been found, without keep scouting for more!

If somebody points me in the right direction I may end up clenaning
this up, ocne I am done with other PlayStation2 tasks, and we may
experience a free boost in startup, install and run times ;-)

Just my 2 cents,

Regards,
 -max