[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM 0.12.0: Release status -- 2008-07-13

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Mon Jul 14 11:20:27 CEST 2008

Am 14.07.2008 um 12:46 schrieb Begasus:

> Forgot to add the BeOS port. ;)
>
> Just downloaded the latest svn repo (up to rev 33056) and did a make
> in the
> source.
>
> I just have a problem with the new plugin type (got the same problem
> as
> with the MSVC hack earlier it seems)

Could you be a bit more specific? What problem/error do you get? We
can try to help, but only if we know a bit more :)

> added the next lines in plugins.h to get the build going. This however
> bypasses the detection of the plugin and the ones not enabled (m4,
> made
> ...) will give undefined references when linking the build at the end.
> Manualy diving into plugins.cpp to commenting the lines out will
> make the
> build succesfully.
>
> // BeOS hack
> #ifdef __BEOS__
> #undef PLUGIN_ENABLED_STATIC
> #define PLUGIN_ENABLED_STATIC(ID) 1
> #endif
>

> // BeOS hack
> #ifdef __BEOS__
> #undef PLUGIN_ENABLED_DYNAMIC
> #define PLUGIN_ENABLED_DYNAMIC(ID) 0
> #endif

Well, that just turns all engines always on, as static plugins. That's
a pretty hackish "solution". So, it would be preferable to find a
cleaner solution. As a first step, though, we'll need to know the
problem you are trying to solve... :)

Anyway, in the very worst case, we can solve any problems with
PLUGIN_ENABLED_STATIC by replacing the elegant
   #if PLUGIN_ENABLED_STATIC(AGI)
by the repetitive but definitely portable
   #if defined(ENABLE_AGI) && !((ENABLE_AGI == DYNAMIC_PLUGIN) &&
defined(DYNAMIC_MODULES))

> All in all with some manual work the build is uptodate for BeOS/ZETA/
> Haiku
> I would say.

OK!