[Scummvm-devel] PATCH: several patches to imporves lure's sound

Paul Gilbert paulfgilbert at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 02:25:18 CET 2008

Hi there,

Thanks for the patch submission; sound handling was one of the areas I was
weakest on when developing Lure. One of the problems was that the MidiDriver
class I inherited from seemed designed to use (if I remember correctly) 15
of the 16 available channels, and I wasn't able to figure out if there was a
way to reduce that number, since all Lure sounds are MIDI, and several may
be active at once. That's why I ended up with the outer versus inner channel
list, and the option of either cropping the higher channels or wrapping the
channels over each other as a hack.

I'll try and get some time to apply and review your patches within the next
couple of days.

Regards,

DreamMaster.