[Scummvm-devel] PORTERS: FS related OSystem API change + reminder about OSystem::getTimeAndDate()

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Tue Mar 11 21:14:00 CET 2008

Am 01.03.2008 um 15:55 schrieb Marcus Comstedt:

> Max Horn <max at quendi.de> writes:
>
>> [...] Hence, the port
>> specific FS code which I moved from backends/fs/fs-factory.cpp to
>> common/system.cpp, could now gradually be moved to port specific
>> files.
>
> That doesn't work ATM because of the
> #error Unknown and unsupported backend in
> OSystem::getFilesystemFactory
> directive.  Should this simply be removed, or do you have some more
> elaborate plan for it?

The goal is to eventually turn OSystem::getFilesystemFactory into a
pure virtual method. Until we can do that, i.e. as long as some ports
still don't implement getFilesystemFactory() (that is: PS2, PSP,
PalmOS, Nintendo DS, GP32, Morphos???), we just keep an #else for
those ports which already correctly implement this method (and return
0 / abort). Just like you did, just slightly different. See revision
31107.