[Scummvm-devel] Global menu save/load dialogs

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 13:22:25 CET 2008

On Monday 10 November 2008 12:39:34 Filippos K wrote:
> > I already stated a common keyboard shortcut for GMM, across all game
> > engines, would serve the same purpose and keep this optional.
>
> True, though as I mentioned I fail to see why this feature should be kept
> optional (apart from the sentimental value of the original dialogs, I
> suppose), since it's clearly an enhancement over the original ones.

I actually agree with Travis here. We should keep the original dialogs as
default, means F5 or the key/button matching for the original engine,
should always display the original dialog.

SCUMM can probably make an exception here, since the SCUMM engine uses a
custom GUI based dialog anyway, so after it is possible to add the SCUMM to
the GMM, it's hard to see any reason not relink F5 to the GMM.

Apart F6 is easy to find and could be kept across all engines. So I don't
see any problem with that, after all the user can still use F6 instead of
the default shortcut to open up the GMM.

// Johannes