[Scummvm-devel] Global menu save/load dialogs

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Tue Nov 11 15:11:23 CET 2008

Max Horn wrote:
[...]
> Of course, this might lead to unexpected behavior if the next time the
> "safe" spot in the main loop is hit is after a major event, say only
> after the completion of a cutscene or after a room transition.

As a player I got bitten by this once in COMI; after completing one of
the chapters, I hit the save button just as the cut scene started. The
cut scene got cancelled and it saved. I was now looking at the start of
the next chapter without ever having had a chance to see the cut scene,
and had to go back to the previous save game and replay a big chunk of
the game in order to get back to the cut scene.

So, as a player, it would have been more helpful to me for the save
option to simply be disabled at that point.

--
David Given
dg at cowlark.com