[Scummvm-devel] Global menu save/load dialogs

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 17:38:58 CET 2008

On Tuesday 11 November 2008 14:32:13 Max Horn wrote:
> Would something like that work for you?

Actually I fail to see the real advantage for KYRA here, since I would still
then need to check most of the code to see if there's an execution of
cutscenes etc. which would prevent proper saving and set the save/load
allow flag accordingly there.

For example when walking towards a room exit (currently GMM save/load is
disabled there), would only return to the main run loop after the room
change is done, so if the user would then save/load via the GMM and I would
handle it next time in a safe spot in the main run loop, the character
would first walk into the next scene and then it would save/load.I actually
would find that as user most annoying.

I'm rather for the current way to only allow save/load in the GMM when
there's no cutscene/interaction/etc. ongoing.

// Johannes