[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM binary size comparison

Vicent Marti tanoku at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 11:19:40 CET 2008

Hey all,

you are right Max, I'm willing to start working on the new theme
format asap, although there are a few things we should consider first.
Mainly, on which language should we write the theme parsing tool? I
was thinking about Python (again, nothing related with my zealotry),
just because it already comes with batteries i.e. good XML parsing
libraries. C++ is obviously also an option, but we would have to add
libXML as a dependency, which is not really cool.

Also, regarding the external validation, I only have experience with
DTD, but RelaxNG's syntax does look much cleaner. Should we stick with
the latter? There are also a couple other considerations regarding the
binary format itself, I'll discuss them later.

Does anybody else have any insightful input?

Cheers,

Vicent Martí
http://www.smartlikearoboc.com