[Scummvm-devel] RTL branch to be merged (relevant for *all* developers)

Torbjörn Andersson eriktorbjorn at telia.com
Tue Sep 2 18:36:05 CEST 2008

peres wrote:

> And now, opinion's corner: speaking of general behaviour, after an engine
> is shutdown it should
> always go back to the launcher. The only way for a direct quit should be
> the GMM dialog. What do
> you guys think about this?

I disagree with that. If I click on the "close" button on the ScummVM
window, I definitely expect it to quit more-or-less immediately, not
return to the launcher. Same thing when I use the keyboard shortcut. In
both cases, I'm clearly asking to quit ScummVM.

When using the engine's own "quit" feature, I'm only quitting the game.
It might be natural to return to the launcher in that case. I have no
strong feelings for or against.

Torbjörn Andersson