[Scummvm-devel] MSVC9 -Project files

Filippos Karapetis philipk79 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 3 00:42:15 CEST 2009

> As far as I know by watching people's comments and by talking directly
> to Max, those project files are outdated and manually updated.

The current MSVC project files are *not* outdated. They are manually updated,
and are currently synced with the respective GCC *.mk ones.

A cmake (or similar) automatic generation tool would be fantastic :)

However, please bear in mind that MSVC adds some special rules for certain files
on its own. I'm not sure how it does it and sometimes it doesn't make sense. I've
tried removing some of these custom rules, but that broke compilation.

Examples include:
sound/iff.cpp
sound/softsynth/adlib.cpp
(almost all files in sounds/)