[Scummvm-devel] MSVC9 -Project files

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Fri Apr 3 10:57:13 CEST 2009

Am 03.04.2009 um 00:42 schrieb Filippos Karapetis:

> > As far as I know by watching people's comments and by talking
> directly
> > to Max, those project files are outdated and manually updated.
>
> The current MSVC project files are *not* outdated. They are manually
> updated,
> and are currently synced with the respective GCC *.mk ones.

They are maybe not outdated *right now*, but they very often become
outdated, in the past for time spans between 5 minutes and 5
months ;). Granted, it has become much better, mostly since Filipos
here has been using MSVC almost daily and thus updates them
frequently. But still, they easily can be out of date for half a day
or more, e.g. when Filipos is asleep or maybe doesn't have time during
a day.

Any manul solution will have that delay, always. Hence, cmake, or
alternatively some scripts which take our module.mk files and update
the MSVC project files from these, will be a welcome improvement, I
think.

Bye,