[Scummvm-devel] PS2 : stack madness

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Fri Apr 3 10:53:21 CEST 2009

Am 02.04.2009 um 17:27 schrieb sunmax at libero.it:
[...]
>> A better way will be to rewrite the draw step dispatching code,
>> which I think is a good idea anyway ;).
>>
>> I'll take a look at rewriting that code and sending you a patch for
>> testing whether that helps.
>
> Oh man! I can't wait.
>
> Do you think you can roll that patch before 0.13.1 hit the net?

Dunno, my schedule is pretty tight. But in the meantime I found this
nasty bug in the gui code, hopefully Tanoku knows how to properly fix
it ;)...

This is from gui/ThemeParser.cpp, line 138:

    if (_defaultStepLocal == 0)
       _defaultStepLocal = new Graphics::DrawStep(*_defaultStepLocal);

I.e. it clones the DrawStep at location 0... kaboom... Maybe "!=" was
meant instead of "==", or maybe "*_defaultStepGlobal" instead of
"*_defaultStepLocal" ?

>> Without a theme, you can't draw any GUI. Hence, the best you could
>> do is to disable the launcher, GMM, F5 dialog in SCUMM etc., i.e.
>> everything using the GUI for anything. That doesn't really help :).
>
> Would that actually be possible?
>
> I mean to bypass all the GUI stuff and just have the game in a VM ?

In theory one could hack this up with some #ifdefs. Of course, it
wouldn't be much fun to use it, without any GUI way to save/load/quit
etc. And no visual feedback when saving/loading/changing text speed,
etc.