[Scummvm-devel] Fwd: PS2 : stack madness

sunmax at libero.it sunmax at libero.it
Tue Apr 7 22:48:52 CEST 2009

Hi there!

> Is there a big stack allocation somewhere related?

This is one of my possible culprits too - to see if something
in-between 0.12.x to 0.13.0 went stack-on-steroids.

Any idea?

> For instance a templated stack array or a malloca for storing
> a few temporary lines or something?

In MADE moving few stack items to heap made it PS2-friendly
(well, kinda: I have to find a way to improve performance on
our beloved console!).

On the other hand we want to be careful, cause I am afraid
that doing this (I mean: moving the possible out of the stack)
we could be just dancing around the bug, instead of squeezing it.

Thanks!
 -max