[Scummvm-devel] DOSBox Developers ask for help with new AdLib emulator

Torbjörn Andersson eriktorbjorn at telia.com
Sat Apr 18 06:20:26 CEST 2009

Johannes Schickel wrote:

> Today I got contacted by c2woody, one of the DOSBox developers, about
> their new (L)GPL AdLib emulator. They still search someone to give them
> a helping hand on it. Since we would have a benefit of a new AdLib
> emulator too he  thought whether we have anyone on the team, who would
> be interested in contributing to it.

It looks like this new Adlib code made it into DOSBox CVS:

RCS file: /cvsroot/dosbox/dosbox/src/hardware/opl.cpp,v
Working file: src/hardware/opl.cpp
head: 1.1
branch:
locks: strict
access list:
symbolic names:
keyword substitution: kv
total revisions: 1;     selected revisions: 1
revision 1.1
date: 2009/04/17 17:24:47;  author: c2woody;  state: Exp;
add alternative opl2/opl3 emulator; fix opl clock rate

I imagine the easiest way to test it in ScummVM would be to write a thin
compatibility layer so that it can be called the same way the current
code is called. I know I did that once with Ken Silverman's original
version (while debugging a Kyrandia music glitch), but I don't think I
kept that patch.

Torbjörn Andersson