[Scummvm-devel] Residual

Pawel Kolodziejski aquadran at xtr.net.pl
Sat Apr 18 11:24:04 CEST 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm sending this mail second time, previous one it seems not
passthrough.

I'm planning move Residual project into separate SourceForge project,
however final decision is not yet done.
I want inform you all first to prevent surprises before move starting.
Moving project doesn't mean we want separate from ScummVM completely,
Residual is very close bonded in many ways with ScummVM and will be.
This is what I see for now, it would have:
- homepage probably based on ScummVM's theme hosted on SF,
- separate Forum, but the same as ScummVM and hosted together,
- SF SVN repository, striped from ScummVM repository and imported into
own,
- SF mediawiki, tracker, mailing lists,
- most probably own IRC channel on FreeNode,
- in the future Residual could take benefits from buildbot hosting,
but for now I'm providing my own daily builds for various platforms.
- for time being Residual will not have own DNS name as current alpha
state of project so is not important right now, not need additional
costs.

-- Pawel