[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM 0.13.1 has been tagged

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Sun Apr 19 14:54:42 CEST 2009

"Thierry Crozat (Yahoo! Mail)" <thierry.crozat at yahoo.co.uk> writes:

[...]
> Also if the files are distributed with the executable, are they
> automatically found by ScummVM (as on MacOS X) or do the user need to
> manually copy them to the directories containing the games data files
> or manually add them in the extra path on some of the platforms?

This can depend a bit on when the engine loads the file.  On the
Dreamcast, you can load up ScummVM from one CD, and then insert
another CD with the actual game you want to play.  If the engine
reads the file when it is initialized, the file needs to be on
the CD with the ScummVM binaries.  If the engine reads the file
at game detection or start time, the file needs to be on the CD
with the game files (impractial if you want to play from the original
CD of course).

To make sure that the first scenario is supported (I can't do much
about the second one), I include all the engine-data on the
self-booting disc image, and therefore also in the plainfiles from
which the self-booting disc is created.

  // Marcus