[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM 0.13.1 has been tagged

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Sun Apr 19 15:04:55 CEST 2009

On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 13:41:48 +0100
"Thierry Crozat (Yahoo! Mail)" <thierry.crozat at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> As you touch this topic, I also have a question for the porters (or
> whoever know the answer): what are the platforms for which the
> various game data files (e.g. igor.tbl, drascula.dat, queen.tbl.
> kyra.dat...) are distributed with the ScummVM executable, and what
> are the platforms (if any) for which they need to be downloaded
> separately by the user?
To quote myself:

sev> Here is recommended contents for release archive for your build
sev> ...
sev>  kyra.dat (from dists/engine-data directory)
sev>  queen.tbl (from dists/engine-data directory)
sev> ...
sev> Please, continue to be uniform in this aspect as well across our
sev> ports.

> If all the platforms distribute these files
> with the executable, what is the point of having them on the
> download page?
Because they could be updated in-between of the releases.

> Also if the files are distributed with the executable, are they
> automatically found by ScummVM (as on MacOS X) or do the user need
> to manually copy them to the directories containing the games data
> files or manually add them in the extra path on some of the platforms?
As they sit next to the executable, they should be picked up. Though
after your question I am not really sure, as FS code changed some time
ago.

Eugene