[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM goes buildbot

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Tue Apr 21 12:56:32 CEST 2009

Am 19.04.2009 um 21:25 schrieb Andre Heider:

> One drawback: currently the snapshots are just tarballs of binaries
> among some runtime files. A better way would be to use platform
> specific packaging, like a bundle for os x/iphone, I just haven't had
> the time to work this.

Just to follow up on this again: It would definitely be nice to
improve this.

* For Mac OS X, the "bundle" make target needs to be run:
   make bundle
This generates ScummmVM.app, a directory which should be packaged as
such.

* Again on OS X, ideally, stuff is distributed inside a .dmg -- not
strictly necessary, but nice. There are way to create those on linux
(although I think only the uncompressed variant, which is not as
nice... so a simple .zip file might be the best approach, as OS X can
handle those pretty well).

* For Debian, a .deb would be ideal

* For Windows, a .zip or maybe even an .exe installer

Bye,