[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM and iPhSoft

Filippos Karapetis philipk79 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 6 16:22:11 CEST 2009

> Also note: At least for FOTAQ, no legal or technical reasons stop us
> from making our own iPhone version of it and offering that on the
> AppStore for free. At least in principple. I don't say we should do
> that, I just say we could.

As far as I know, the main issue for the usage of ScummVM on
non-jailbroken iPhones is the fact that people can't copy the game
files in the phone. We could, theoretically, provide iPhone versions
of ScummVM prepackaged with the free games (namely, FOTAQ,
Lure, BASS and Drascula), which wouldn't violate Apple's TOS, if
I'm not mistaken. I don't see a reason why we couldn't/shouldn't,
but then again there might be something I'm missing in Apple's EULA.

Regards
Filippos