[Scummvm-devel] Virtual keyboard code from GSoC 2008

Vicent Marti tanoku at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 11:38:11 CET 2009

Hey there people,

I'm guessing the Virtual Keyboard renderer must have some kind of
integration the the GUI's vector renderer... I can give a go at
writing the renderer for the built-in keyboard (i.e. the one which
doesn't use external bitmaps). Should be straightforward enough. Is
anyone working on the generic interface for the keyboard renderer?

Also, it might be worthwhile to drop the XML format for the image
maps, since SOMEDAY (TM) the built-in XML theme parser will be
replaced by a binary parser for performance and size reasons (still
working on it, stay tuned ;d). Then if the Virtual keyboard code
doesn't depend on the parser, we can drop it altogether and save a
good chunk of binary size, which is always a problem on the smaller
platforms.

Cheers,

Vicent Martí