[Scummvm-devel] kyra.dat

sunmax at libero.it sunmax at libero.it
Mon Jul 13 03:04:44 CEST 2009

Hi Johannes,

> there is no easy way to keep a file open. I might implement a cache
> for that inside KYRA. I can't promise anything here though, since
> that might take some time till I find a clean way of implementing
> it. On the other hand I might just rework our static resource code
> in KYRA, but that will be too risky for the next release. Maybe I'll
> just add some HACK to the 1.0.0 branch which keeps it open for some
> time... :-).

;-) ;-)

Thanks! That would be greatly appreciated.

Currently the only two games that take a while to come up on PS2
are "kyra" (I only have the first one...) and "made", but delays
on 'made' seem computational, so I will have to investigate that
further and see if there is a possible optimization.

Once that's in place the only show-stoppers for ScummVM/PS2 1.0.0:

 - huge delay when selecting saved games (up to 3 secs...)

 - some GUI overlaying madness in the various Option sub-dialogs.
   (Audio, Midi, ...)

I will need more time to document that.

I won't probably be able to touch my beloved PS2 before August.

Keep on the good work!
 -max