[Scummvm-devel] kyra.dat

sunmax at libero.it sunmax at libero.it
Tue Jul 14 18:11:24 CEST 2009

Hey Johannes,

Thanks for keeping this issue in mind!

>> Actually I don't know my code any more...

Don't worry it happens to me all the times.

Once I was blaming a colleague for the poor quality
of a code section, and he candidly pointed out that
I was the author ;-)

>> I could of course create a faked Common::ArchiveMember for
>> KYRA.DAT, which keeps the file open the whole game session,
>> though that looks really like a hack to me :-/

As I said I am far from my PS2 ~20 days for on-site support,
but I might be back home for 1 day during the week-end.

If you fancy to send me a patch with that hack, I will profile
it on the PS2 backend, so we can see if it's worthy the effort
to hack it in, ie. if it's speeding up the start of kyra.

It does not feel slow when loading new locations, but to be
honest I only tried 3 or 4 locations beside the starting one.

Thanks!
 -max