[Scummvm-devel] Bring testers to the team?

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Tue Jul 14 11:05:54 CEST 2009

Am 14.07.2009 um 04:28 schrieb Travis Howell:

> Walter van Niftrik wrote:
>> Travis Howell wrote:

>>> No, I think it is far better to stick with the more varied testing
>>> offered by public testing for each release cycle, even if we
>>> struggle to
>>> get full testing each time around.
>>>

>> If we add testers to the team that doesn't mean we need to stop
>> public
>> testing. ;)
>
> I know, I just meant it offers more disadvantages than advantages,
> compared to our public testing.

Hu?? How can having dedicated testers *in addition* to the current
testing have *any* drawbacks?

That makes no sense. Especially since some porters (e.g. Neil for the
NDS) have specifically stated that testing all games on the port,
which they have to do themselves, is one of the major time wastes in
the release cycle. Public testing is already employed there, but
simply not enough. If we have a handful people who test beta builds of
the NDS port, for example, that would greatly help Neil.

I don't get it.

Bye,