[Scummvm-devel] Scummvm-devel Digest, Vol 38, Issue 31

Neil Millstone neil at millstone.demon.co.uk
Wed Jul 15 01:20:26 CEST 2009

> On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 11:00:24 +0200
> Max Horn <max at quendi.de> wrote:
>
>> That said, yes, we definitely should take longer for this release;
>> we should have a 1.0.0rc (or 1.0.0beta if you prefer the name)
>> before that. As I said, essentially, 0.14.0 -> 1.0.0rc and 0.14.1 ->
>> 1.0.0 and 0.14.2 -> 1.0.0
>>
> I agree with this. Thus, in August we will release 1.0.0rc and 1.0.0
> will follow in about 2 months from that.
>

> Eugene

That should be okay. I'm currently extremely tied up at work, and cannot
spend time on ScummVM but this should end in 2 - 3 weeks. After that I
should be able to find time for ScummVM.

My biggest worry is that the code size has grown since the last release.
I switched from the ARM instruction set to Thumb in order to save a few
hundred Kb in the last release cycle. The current DS port has pretty
much all the memory optimisations I can think of!

- Neil