[Scummvm-devel] PS2 #8 : performance : Scumm Load : important

sunmax at libero.it sunmax at libero.it
Mon Mar 2 06:59:54 CET 2009

When there is a huge list of saved games (let's say > 40)
for a certain game, we have to go through all of them to
read the names of each saved game. This is -slow- on some
media.

 - could we store the entries in a separate file?

 - otherwise, once we scanned all the matching entries
   in the saved folders, could we keep it cached (just
   the list of entries), so that we don't have to build
   it over and over again?

 - when you click on any entry on the list of the saved
   games, couple of nodes are created in (not-so-)rapid
   sequence. What's the purpose of that? So far we just
   clicked on an entry in the list, no need to create
   any nodes until we are ready to load!

Thanks!
 -max