[Scummvm-devel] PS2 #8 : performance : Scumm Load : important

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 13:45:02 CET 2009

sunmax at libero.it schrieb:
> When there is a huge list of saved games (let's say > 40)
> for a certain game, we have to go through all of them to
> read the names of each saved game. This is -slow- on some
> media.
>
>  - could we store the entries in a separate file?

I think that would be rather ugly and would prevent sharing of save
files. In Broken Sword 1 we had SAVEGAME.INF, which stored all save
names but we replaced it via save names in the save file instead to
allow easy sharing of save files.

>  - otherwise, once we scanned all the matching entries
>    in the saved folders, could we keep it cached (just
>    the list of entries), so that we don't have to build
>    it over and over again?

That might be possible. Someone could at least update the GMM save/load
dialog to support that.

// Johannes