[Scummvm-devel] Shirt Mockup

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Wed Mar 4 00:06:37 CET 2009

On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 22:51:19 +0100
timofonic timofonic <timofonic at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's a very early version, needs lots of improving.
>
> http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/T-Shirt_design_contest
It's good, but lacks some kind of introduction. In the intro you need
to provide the goal of such shirt. That is, it should raise questions,
be pleasant to the eye and also contain some kind of "insiders" thing,
not being merely a general advertisement.

> The decision about the future of the wiki page and the contest is
> open to the project leads. I'll just improve the page and organize the
> contest until the ScummVM Team lead members say me the contrary, and
> of course the news will not be published without their consent.
What Dan is done (pardon the pun) is really nice. But nothing prevents
us from having couple more of nice designs. As it was pointed out by
Max earlier in this thread, there are bunch of other services which
could print on shirts, and may be Dan will add to his collection too.

So I would say, go with this contest, just don't put the timeline too
tight. Give people a month, maybe more. Advertise everywhere. Remember,
this contest should bring attention to the project too. A prize could be
the first print of the shirt and giving the designer proper credits. For
printing we can use the project money. Don't offer signed T-shirts,
please ;) :P.

Also I really hope that affiliation with Dan will give us access to
some quantity of "free" shirts too, i.e. instead of asking him to send
us all of the money we may consider using it for covering shipment and
production costs for the team members. Of course, assuming that the
design will really be popular.

Eugene