[Scummvm-devel] Understaffing (Was: What is happening to the ScummVM team?)

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Wed Mar 4 16:52:58 CET 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 12:59 AM, Joost Peters <joostp at 7fc1.org> wrote:
> A PR person -- Would organize this T-Shirt contest (if any), would write
> and post news items (release and otherwise).
I am doing most of the PR these days, but particularly for the T-Shirt
contest we already have a volunteer. The PR there is not the prime
goal.

I consider PR to be /very/ sensitive, so I wouldn't really like to
give that to anyone else besides Max.

> A dedicated webmaster -- Responsible for maintaining the website, wiki
> (and forums?), would help guide the rewrite.
I was looking after our Web, since I took part in creating of current
layout. But now, once [vex]'s design could probably enter I would
prefer him to do this if he doesn't mind.

> Build server administrator -- Would set up the automated build
> environment, chase porters to set up their toolchains, etc.
We really need that one. Only Max so far is in charge, but he is not
very interested in doing this work, at least not alone.

> Of course, this still requires us to find dedicated and reliable people
> to fill these positions
These people, at least for some of the roles have to be trustworthy. I
do not want, for instance,  our forums to fall because of an oversight
or security breach.

Eugene