[Scummvm-devel] Wiki Per Game Compatibility by Platform (and my introductory post)

Kostas Nakos knakos at phys.uoa.gr
Fri Mar 6 07:38:30 CET 2009

Hi and welcome,

MetaFox wrote:
> I just noticed that the
> http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Platforms/Overview page does have
> asterisks for compatibility.

Don't forget about those Looming question marks too :-) In a sense, that
page poses more questions than answers :-)

> So, I guess the question I'm wondering now is do we improve upon that
> page and list actual game exceptions rather than technical exceptions
> which the average user probably wouldn't understand.

Maybe you're right there, that page was primarily created for reference
by the developers. But listing exhaustively all games there is just
overkill.

Anyway, as far as the windows ce port is concerned, the limitations with
the asterisk mean: Any games whose native resolution is above 320x240
(like COMI for SCUMM, or the swords, or DW2) cannot be run on the lowest
end of the devices which have a resolution of 176x220 pixels. Other than
that, a 'Yes' in that table means that the engine has been tested and
can be considered supported by the port. The question marks stand for
engines untested/not officially supported by the port.

Cheers,
Kostas