[Scummvm-devel] IMPORTANT: Usability improvements for ScummVM GUI

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Tue Nov 24 10:48:42 CET 2009

2009/11/24 Max Horn <max at quendi.de>:
> I am sceptical.
>
> While I think that our GUI could be improved in many ways, my feeling always
> was that the main reason it isn't better is lack of people doing that hard
> coding work, not lack of ideas for improvements.
I was the proponent of current interface, and I failed many times of
finding anyone who will finish. As you remember, current design is
incomplete, particularly we do not have mock-ups for scrollbar and
popup widget. Also our interface got cluttered in time, and facelift
will not hurt.

See, there is nobody to help us with skins for our Web resources
despite the fact that we posted it everywhere.

> Furthermore, there is already an org helping FLOSS software improve its
> usability: <http://www.openusability.org/>. IMHO before we start paying
> random companies for such things, we should first check whether these guys
> wouldn't fit our needs better.
Openusability folks are all stuffed. I tried to apply couple years ago
with no avail. This offer is our real opportunity as the guys are
ready to show first work soon.

Eugene