[Scummvm-devel] Slowdowns in SCI and SAGA

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 16:06:39 CET 2009

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 4:03 PM, yotam barnoy <yotambarnoy at gmail.com> wrote:
>> When you are using MAME emulator, ScummVM will only use one OPL2 (at
>> least with my latest fix, that ScummVM won't fall back to DOSBox in
>> case you selected MAME and the engine requests Dual OPL2).
>>
>> ScummVM will also only use OPL2 emulation for DOSBox emu in SCI, when
>> you change that STEREO define to "false" in the SCI codebase, did you
>> do that too?
>>

> I think I did, but I'll have to try it again to be sure.
> Also, I think it would be helpful if I compare the SCI profiling to
> profiling from another game with OPL generation.
>
> Yotam

The question is not about profiling, but about the OPL emulators
taking up too much CPU time in general with -O0 on the PSP (with
profiling) and thus resulting in such glitches anyway. Thus it would
be nice if you could try another game engine with -O0 and profiling
enabled and test whether the sound/graphics output suffers from the
same problems.

// Johannes