[Scummvm-devel] Dragon History is stable
sev at scummvm.org
Sat Nov 28 10:56:57 CET 2009
On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 17:17:23 -0800
Robert Špalek <rspalek at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi everybody!
> I have just debugged the last problem I had found when playing the
> Dragon History until the very end. the game is completable with no
> known glitches.
> anybody willing to test the game is welcome.
The usual procedure is following:
- The engine author writes a news item and publishes it with blessing
of the co-leads on our main website. Usually the item is funny and
has references to the original game. You may find good examples in
our news archive
- The news items is also crossposted on our forums as an announcement
- The game is added to the compatibility list
- We add new category to bugreports
- We start accepting the bugreports on the game
Thus we are effectively engage all of our user community to the testing.
> I don't know whether I should write somewhere the instructions for
> playing the game and, if yes, where to.
Definitely. There are several places:
- Our README (it is a must)
- Our documentation on Wiki (doc team can pick it form REAME but that
could take some time)
- Game-specific page on the Wiki (optional)
> does anybody have an idea when will the next release of ScummVM
> happen? are we going to ship Dragon History out at 1.1 or is 1.0.1
> good enough? I would prefer shipping it ASAP.
The game support is shipped only after testing period.
Currently we are at 6 months release cycle, that means that 1.1.0 will
be around February/March. There is a probability that 1.0.1 will be
released, but that one will be based on branch-1-0-0 which is obviously
in a feature freeze.
Also by time of the release I propose to move the game page and the
data files to scummvm.org and sf.net respectively.
More information about the Scummvm-devel