[Scummvm-devel] little scummvm-ce report

Homer homie_jay at web.de
Sat Oct 3 17:45:33 CEST 2009

Hello,

I would like to tell you a bit about my experiences with your ScummVM in
the WindowsCE version on my "HTC Touch Diamond" with the newest firmware
and Windows Mobile 6.1 as operating system. Hope this helps you
bugfixing... ;-)

I downloaded the official release of scummvm first, and tried some games
with it. Unfortunately, many games crashed in the first minutes of game
playing... :-(
"Indiana Jones 4" (English AND German) for example goes into a debug
mode right after the first fight in front of the cinema, and "Sam&Max"
crashed without any message every time there was a sequence with a kind
of "screen-action" like rumbling. And "Legend of Kyrandia 1+2" didn't
run at all, even with the kyra.dat!
But some other games worked correctly, at least after I "played" with
the options... ;-)
The original "Loom" version had no sound, no matter what options I
selected, but the FM-Towns version of "Loom" worked fine and with sound.

So I tried one of the nightly builds of the scummvm, and voila, all the
other games who crashed before did run perfect now! :-)
But then I recogniced another behaviour in the nightly build:
In the official release I could play the games in REAL fullscreen after
I selected "2x" in the graphics mode and the options "Aspect ratio
correction" and "Fullscreen mode". Unfortunately, all the other filtered
graphics modes don't make a real fullscreen on my
mobile phone:
Every time when I hide the toolbar, there is still the black background
of the toolbar visible! Only when I select "2x" in graphics mode, the
game resolution is corrected to REAL fullscreen 640x480, when I hide the
toolbar (in the official release)!
But when I run the nightly build of scummvm-ce, even the "2x" mode
doesn't correct the resolution to real 640x480 any more!!!

As I said, hope that this will help you bugfixing some problems. If you
have further questions about my hardware or software that could help,
just ask me! :-)

And another question from me: Is it possible (or will it ever be
possible) to play some other games like Westwoods "Dune 2", or Sierras
"Space Quest 4+5"?

With best wishes,
And THANKS for that great program! :-)
Andy