[Scummvm-devel] Moving ARM half scaler to common code section

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Mon Oct 19 11:53:39 CEST 2009

Am 05.10.2009 um 13:30 schrieb Kostas Nakos:

> Hello,
>
> I am a little hesitant to go ahead at this time and move these things
> around. I'd prefer for the time being to focus on possible bugfixes
> for
> release 1.0.0.

You don't have to make the change, though, somebody else could make
it. My idea would be to first put a copy of the relevant code (renamed
appropriately) into graphics/scalers/, and hook it up to the build
system. Then gradually convert the WinCE, LinuxMoto and GP2x ports to
use this new centrally located scaling code, instead of their own.
This way should make it fairly easy and painfree.

The major issue, in fact, will be coming up with suitable file &
function names ;)

(And of course the change would only be made on trunk).

> But I agree on principle: Since the code is shared by more and more
> ports, it should be in a more central place (and the recent linker
> problems of the moto port prove this point anyway).

Good :)