[Scummvm-devel] Ports and their custom build systems. Do we need them?

Kostas Nakos knakos at phys.uoa.gr
Tue Oct 13 13:02:58 CEST 2009

Hello,

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 11:24:03 +0200
Joost Peters <joostp at 7fc1.org> wrote:
> For the PSP port there is not really anything you can do with the
> Makefile that you can't do with configure.
>
> At the time we added support to configure I didn't see a good reason
> to remove the custom Makefile, and as long as it doesn't take much to
> maintain it, we may as well keep it.

Same here.

I do use the Makefile currently, rather due to force of habit but I do
strive to change the default building procedure to the ./configure one.

If it's all the same to you, I consider it rather cheap to keep the
Makefile in the svn, until it starts to rot (which is not the case
currently, as I said).

Best,
Kostas