[Scummvm-devel] PORTERS: Logo update

Jordi Vilalta jvprat at jvprat.com
Tue Oct 13 13:20:07 CEST 2009

Hi porters and everyone else,

We're trying to push the updated logo and icon (the main change being
the capitalized S as you can see here:
http://scummvm.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/scummvm/media/trunk/ )
before the 1.0.0 release. It requires updating it on several places
and this affects ports too, since some of them have custom icon
formats or additional artwork based on it.

Ideally I'd like to automatize the logo/icon updates so we can do any
eventual future changes without asking for your attention again, but
now we need your help for this:
1) Finding a way to generate the updated images
2) Testing the new images (some of which I've updated myself but
haven't been able to test since I don't have such platforms)

I've tried to put on the list below all the places where the logo or
icons should be updated. Let me know if I forgot some places. I've
marked with a '#' the ones I've already updated.
- In program:
   # Modern theme
   - Icons
      - backends/platform/ds/*.bmp (Neil, do you have a template to
create the different builds icons?)
      # backends/platform/gp2x/build/scummvm.png
      # backends/platform/gp2xwiz/build/scummvm.png
      # backends/platform/psp/icon0.png
      - backends/platform/symbian/res/*.bmp
      - backends/platform/wince/images/panelbig.bmp (It looks
outdated, from the "Pocket Scumm" days. Can I replace it with the new
logo?)
      # backends/platform/wince/images/scumm_icon.ico
      - dists/iphone/ Default.png icon.png (I don't think we have the
original layered files, so we'd need to make them again. Volunteers?)
      - dists/motoezx/*.png (I can do them: do they need to be rectangular?)
      # dists/motomagx/*/*.png
      # dists/wii/icon.png
      - icons/scummvm.svg (I'll try to create it)
      - icons/scummvm.info (I don't know of any free converter, should
be provided by the AmigaOS porter)
      # icons/scummvm .icns .ico .xpm
- Web pages logos / favicons:
   - Main: favicon, images/scummvm_logo, images/scummvm-link
   - Wiki: favicon, logo
   - Forum: favicon, images/logo_phpVB2
   - Planet: favicon, scummvm avatar
   - Buildbot: favicon

As I see it now the current priority list would be like this:
1) Updating all the software images, as it will be tagged soon
2) Updating the websites logos
3) Updating the favicons (very small and less noticeable if we don't
have time to do them before the deadline)

By the way, do we have a template for the favicons or each one is
created on demand?