[Scummvm-devel] Completing the transition to the new logo and icon

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Wed Oct 28 23:28:27 CET 2009

Hi folks,

Jordi did an incredible job at changing our icon & logo in lots of
places to the new one; in addition, he set up an infrastructure that
should in the future make it much easier to tweak them in the future.

He also updated the Wiki's logo, and maybe other places. But there are
some key pieces missing, and it would be good to get those completed
soon. So, let's try to help Jordi complete this :). Today I updated
our icon&logo on ohloh.net and on the forums to the new one; I also
setup our new icon on SF.net.

But we still need to...

* update the favicons for the forums, buildbot, doxygen, planet
-> I would do this, but unfortunately the build rule in media/trunk/
Makefile produces bad .ico files for me: It looks somewhat as if only
the alpha data ends up in the .ico (if I use the same build rule to
produce a PNG, it looks fine; converting that to .ico using
ImageMagick's "convert" tool produced wrong data, too, sadly. Maybe my
ImageMagick is bad? If anybody succeeds in building
scummvm_favicon_forums.ico etc., please send them to me and I'll
upload them. If you know how to tweak the build process to fix this
issue for good, please tell us!

* The logo on our primary website must be updated
-> this may require some photoshop work; not sure if we have all
require source files for the compositing either... help would
definitely be good.

* A news item announcing this: As soon as we update the logo on the
website, we should publish a news item on it, I think.

* Check *everywhere* whether our old logo is still being used. And
fix it yourself / provided updated files so that we can fix it
quickly ;).