[Scummvm-devel] Completing the transition to the new logo and icon

Thierry Crozat criezy at scummvm.org
Thu Oct 29 00:39:40 CET 2009

Le 28 oct. 09 à 22:28, Max Horn a écrit :

> Hi folks,
>
> [...]
>
> But we still need to...
>
> * update the favicons for the forums, buildbot, doxygen, planet
> -> I would do this, but unfortunately the build rule in media/trunk/
> Makefile produces bad .ico files for me: It looks somewhat as if only
> the alpha data ends up in the .ico (if I use the same build rule to
> produce a PNG, it looks fine; converting that to .ico using
> ImageMagick's "convert" tool produced wrong data, too, sadly. Maybe my
> ImageMagick is bad? If anybody succeeds in building
> scummvm_favicon_forums.ico etc., please send them to me and I'll
> upload them. If you know how to tweak the build process to fix this
> issue for good, please tell us!

Here is the mail I sent to Jordi regarding the favicon a couple of
weeks ago:

Le 17 oct. 09 à 02:09, Thierry Crozat a écrit :

> In case you have not yet looked at the favicons, I have updated
> them manually (starting from scummvm_icon_16.ico that you comitted
> in svn) for the wiki, forum, planet and buildot. I based my work on
> the existing favicons but made some modifications. For the main web
> site you can take directly the scummvm_icon_16.ico file. I already
> uploaded the wiki favicon to the wiki web site.
>
> I also looked at the possibility to generate them automatically. I
> have a set of png pixmaps with transparency for each letters, and I
> can compose them with the scummvm icon using ImageMagick (e.g.
> 'composite favicon_w.png scummvm_icon_16.png wiki_favicon.png').
> However I find that if I want the best result I need to do some
> fine tuning afterward (mainly removing some darkness on the bottom
> right side that comes from the icon shading, which makes the letter
> less easy to identify).
>
> All the image files are in the attached zip file.
>
> Thierry<favicons.zip>

I don't attach the zip file this time as I think Jordi commited most
f it into svn, but here are the resulting .ico files as you seem to
have trouble generating them. For the record I also had trouble
generating the files in .ico format with ImageMagick. Therefore these
files were created in .png and then converted to .ico manually using
gimp.

The wiki favicon is already uploaded on the server.