[Scummvm-devel] FreeSCI options and filters

Lars Skovlund lskovlun at image.dk
Thu Sep 3 13:09:05 CEST 2009

On Thu, Sep 03, 2009 at 07:17:36AM +0300, Eugene Sandulenko wrote:

> > - Disable dithering by default, and offer an option to enable it, for
> > purists
> Yeah, leave it and activate through rendering options.

It may be worthwhile to point out that there are a few situations
where graphical glitches result from the non-dithered mode. These are
situations where a view (foreground sprites - bitmaps which we can't
un-dither by definition) uses the same dithering pattern as the pic
(background picture) around it, either for "blending in" or for
special effects. Not dithering the background makes this look slightly
ugly. That's one more reason for having dithering as an option.

Lars