[Scummvm-devel] Adding Frotz engine to ScummVM

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sat Sep 5 11:10:53 CEST 2009

Hi there,

I have my reservations about adding an Infocom engine, too. There are
already quite good engines for them, and as was stated here, a good
text adventure "emulator" has different needs -- like high-quality
anti aliased text rendering, etc. I don't think we can compete with
existing Infocom interpreters in that regard, and see no gain in
trying to do so.

Actually, I believe I stated that in the past, but I can't find that
in the scummvm-devel archives, so it was probably only on IRC.

Of course Paul already spent a lot of time on this engine, and it's
not nice to get that work rejected. However, that's why it's always a
good idea to ask before starting work on any patch whether that patch
has any chance of being accepted... ;)

Bye,