[Scummvm-devel] "Intelligent" forum spam bots

Filippos Karapetis philipk79 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 18 11:11:38 CEST 2009

Well, most modern forum software has captcha images during registration, which stops some of these bots somewhat. Other forums have custom questions like "If you are a human, please type how much 1+1 are" (to avoid captcha reading software).

I believe that the newer versions of phpBB do have captcha images during registration, so we should upgrade our forum version. I've dealt with phpBB and vBulletin in the past, so I could do this at some point, if noone else wants to undertake the task

Regards
Filippos