[Scummvm-devel] 1.0 release plan

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sun Sep 20 14:32:42 CEST 2009

Am 20.09.2009 um 14:26 schrieb Johannes Schickel:

> Max Horn wrote:
>> so, do we have a plan for 1.0 ? What's holding it up? Are there
>> any  particular bug reports or critical show stoppers that need to
>> be  resolved? Would be nice to get going on that. :) Normally, I'd
>> not  expect such a long delay between a 1.0.0rc1 and 1.0.0, at
>> least not as  long major issues are reported... And I am not aware
>> of any -- did I  miss something?
>
> It seems we have two games marked as not completable over here http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Release_Testing/1.0.0
> those are Waxworks and Gobliins 2. Also "Spy Fox in Cheese Chase
> Game" is marked with red color, but judging by the bug description
> it does not sound like it's rendering the game not completable.

OK, so who's working on that?

> Also probably we would want to get some more games tested, for
> example there are no reports of Goblins 3, Bargon Attack, Tucker,
> IHNM and Nippon Safes. (And various HE games, but seeing how all
> other tests for SCUMM look, I doubt it could be that bad...).

Yeah, "somebody" needs to take care of that. Johannes, maybe you'd be
interested in driving a bit on this (considering past remarks of
yours... :) ? This testing won't happen unless it gets coordinated a
bit and pushed, by asking people on the forums or via news items what
to test and how, etc. etc.. And developers need to be prodded about
fixing certain issues, etc.