[Scummvm-devel] 1.0 release plan

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Sun Sep 20 20:46:54 CEST 2009

On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 13:47:22 +0200
Max Horn <max at quendi.de> wrote:

> Hi folks, hi esp. Eugene
>
> so, do we have a plan for 1.0 ? What's holding it up? Are there any
> particular bug reports or critical show stoppers that need to be
> resolved?
Yes, according to the last status e-mail

 #2842432 WAXWORKS: Can't go down corridor in pyramid

Was marked as release critical. And according to the same e-mail the
plan was to:

  1. Test all major games, but some were not
  2. Have the release before Metor Summit, somewhere around 18th of
     October

The date is still tentative, but since nobody complained, I stick to
the plan.

> Would be nice to get going on that. :) Normally, I'd not
> expect such a long delay between a 1.0.0rc1 and 1.0.0, at least not
> as long major issues are reported... And I am not aware of any -- did
> I miss something?
Yes, 2 games are not completable. I was too busy with status e-mails
recently, will try to provide up to date report tomorrow.

It would be really nice if somebody would post a news item and request
to test remaining games, couple of important ones were not tested a
single time.

Eugene