[Scummvm-devel] Suggestions for "before submitting a ticket" message

Ori Avtalion ori at avtalion.name
Thu Apr 15 21:42:08 CEST 2010

On 04/11/2010 11:21 PM, Max Horn wrote:
> Provide a good message, and I'll copy and paste it there :)
> Cheers,
> Max

There ya go :)

I'm not sure if markup is supported, so edit the wording near URLs
accordingly.

I tried wording the steps in a way that benefits the reporter, so
they'll seem less like "oh, more work".

Feature requests:

Before submitting a feature request, please follow these steps.
* Have you read the FAQ at <http://scummvm.org/faq/>? Your request may
already be addressed there. Specifically, DO NOT FILE REQUESTS ASKING TO
SUPPORT NEW GAMES [editor note: make this bold instead of uppercase if
markup is possible].
* The latest in-development release may already have the cool feature
you want! Please check by reading the latest NEWS file at
<http://scummvm.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/scummvm/scummvm/trunk/NEWS?view=markup>,
or try it out for yourself at <link to daily build>.
* Someone may have already requested the feature! Search the feature
request database to see if this is the case.

Finally, please report each request separately; do not file multiple
feature requests on the same ticket. (Otherwise, it gets difficult to
track the status of each one).

Thanks for using ScummVM!

Patch submissions:

Before submitting a patch to ScummVM, please make sure of the following:
* Does the patch apply against the latest Subversion revision?
* Does the patch follow the ScummVM code conventions at
<http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Code_Formatting_Conventions>?

Thanks for contributing to ScummVM!