[Scummvm-devel] Suggestions for "before submitting a ticket" message

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Fri Apr 16 12:51:44 CEST 2010

Am 15.04.2010 um 21:42 schrieb Ori Avtalion:

> On 04/11/2010 11:21 PM, Max Horn wrote:
>> Provide a good message, and I'll copy and paste it there :)
>> Cheers,
>> Max
>
> There ya go :)
>
> I'm not sure if markup is supported, so edit the wording near URLs accordingly.

Thanks Ori. In fact, they use HTML. If your or somebody else could provide appropriate HTML version, I'll be happy to set them. For reference, this is what we use on the bug tracker:

Before submitting a bug report, there are three things you
need to do. First, please check the compatibility list to
ensure the bug is not already known. Secondly, try out the
latest Subversion/daily build. The bug may already have been
fixed. And last, check you are including all the following
information in your bug report:
<ul>
<li>ScummVM version (scummvm -v)
<li>Bug details, including instructions on reproducing
<li>Language of game (English, German, ...)
<li>Version of game (Talkie, Floppy, ...)
<li>Platform and Compiler (Win32, Linux, ...)
<li>Attach a save game if possible
<li>If this bug only occurred recently, please note the last
version without the bug, and the first version including the
bug. That way we can fix it quicker by looking at the
changes made.
</ul>
Next, select the game in the 'groups' dropdown, and the
type of bug in the 'categories' dropdown... enter your text,
and hit the button!
Please only file bugs on games that are listed as
'Playable to the end' (that is, completable) in the README
file included with your version of ScummVM.
Finally, please report each issue separately; do not file multiple issues
on the same ticket. (Otherwise, it gets difficult to track the status of
each individual bug).
<em>Thanks for using ScummVM!</em>