[Scummvm-devel] Finding the theme archive via SearchMan

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Thu Apr 29 00:01:03 CEST 2010

Am 28.04.2010 um 22:46 schrieb sunmax at libero.it:

> Hi Max,
>
>> Actually, that wouldn't speed up anything, because we'd
>> still search everywhere in order to find *all* available
>> themes -- so that we can show the user a list with them,
>> you know ... ;).
>
> Eh, eh.
>
> I see. That's why is already so slow ;-)
>
> One question: don't we only have 2 themes?
>
> One classic (incorporated) + modern ?
>
> There were few more in the past, but IIRC they no longer work
> with more recent ScummVM versions.

We *ship* only two themes, but there are 3rd party themes.

>> But we could always add an #ifdef allowing ports to disable
>> support for unzipped themes to increase speed, I guess.
>
> That would be a plus, but would we still be scanning for
> zipped themes all around?

We would still be looking through the cached list of files that we already have in memory, yes.

> Well, since we already have a theme path you can specify,
> shouldn't all the themes (zipped or unzipped) just reside
> there? And look everywhere else only when it's not def'd?

No, not really. The themepart is for the user to allow them to use 3rd party themes. But on various ports the "default" themes are normally found in other locations. E.g. in Linux ports they might be in a place like /usr/share/scummvm/; in the Mac OS X port they are inside the application bundle (a place the user can not even navigate to with a file selector normally), and on the Android portthey are also bundled with the app. Which is why we are discussing this in the first place ;)

Bye,