[Scummvm-devel] Finding the theme archive via SearchMan

sunmax at libero.it sunmax at libero.it
Wed Apr 28 22:46:43 CEST 2010

Hi Max,

> Actually, that wouldn't speed up anything, because we'd
> still search everywhere in order to find *all* available
> themes -- so that we can show the user a list with them,
> you know ... ;).

Eh, eh.

I see. That's why is already so slow ;-)

One question: don't we only have 2 themes?

One classic (incorporated) + modern ?

There were few more in the past, but IIRC they no longer work
with more recent ScummVM versions.

> But we could always add an #ifdef allowing ports to disable
> support for unzipped themes to increase speed, I guess.

That would be a plus, but would we still be scanning for
zipped themes all around?

Well, since we already have a theme path you can specify,
shouldn't all the themes (zipped or unzipped) just reside
there? And look everywhere else only when it's not def'd?

But as usual I'm glad to stand corrected ;-)

Thanks,
-max