[Scummvm-devel] Broken Sword 2.5

David Weinehall tao at debian.org
Sun Aug 1 02:48:02 CEST 2010

On Sun, Aug 01, 2010 at 09:03:26AM +1000, Paul Gilbert wrote:

> > > Since Residual is the only other game I'm aware of with a similiar Lua
> > > implementation, it'll probably stay within the Broken sword 2.5 engine.
> > > Although if other games in the future also make use of it, who knows. :)
> >
> > That doesn't answer the question, though...
> >

> I think I don't entirely understand the question. To be more verbose,
> though, the lua implementation in Broken Sword 2.5 is done using an add-on
> package written in C, so it's not part of the 'core' engine. From the point
> of view of the engine, I can't imagine it would matter much whether we make
> it a separate 'required' package for compiling ScummVM, or include it
> directly as part of the ScummVM package.

Most (all?) distributions frown upon inclusion of local copies of
libraries, mainly because it duplicates code and increases the risk of
missing things when doing security fixes.

[snip]

Regards: David
--
 /) David Weinehall <tao at debian.org> /) Rime on my window           (\
//  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   //  Diamond-white roses of fire //